Success for college students stems from their ability to plan ahead and set a routine for themselves that works. It is important to find a balance between your workload and personal life, and one that isn’t too stressful! Below is a short list of some ideas to help you be more successful this semester.
- Take time to sit down and write out all of the due dates for each of your classes. These dates can typically be found in the course syllabus, and having them in a planner or calendar can be a life-saver.
- If you are having a hard time with a class, find a tutor! A little extra help can keep you from falling behind.
- Prioritize your assignments, and plan ahead for things you know will take longer to complete. Even if you can finish something last minute, chances are it will be less stressful and you will do a better job if you start early.
- Find someone to share notes/study with in each class. This will help you be more prepared, and you will have someone to keep you accountable or remind you of any information you might have missed during class.
- This one is obvious, but stay active! Exercising boosts your mood, helps you sleep better, reduces stress and sharpens your mind. Finding some time to run, work out, play a sport or just move around can tremendously impact how you feel every day.
- You might feel like you want to be doing everything there is to do, but often this leads to a struggle with finding time to complete tasks. It’s important to do something besides schoolwork, but limit yourself to those activities that are most important to you.